Friday, August 17, 2007

The Traitors: 2007 ASL Summer Champions

A perfect picture: The undefeated champs.

After steamrolling through the regular season and the first two rounds of the playoffs, the Traitors met the Nomads. Instead of extending their hand in friendship, the Nomads reared back and punched the Traitors in the face. The score going into the bottom of the third inning: Nomads 19, Traitors 1.

Nomads nineteen, Traitors one.

Everyone on the Nomads was hitting and scoring, especially Shukri Saleh, this season's Home Run King. He launched two home runs (way out), giving him three for the day and six for the season.

The Gatoradin' Traitors then got their act together, shutting down the Nomads offense and chipping away at the lead, inning by inning. 19-1 became 19-7, then 19-16, 19-17...and 19-19 after the regulation six innings.

Let's play an extra inning. The Nomads got back on their fightin' horses and scored three more runs in the 7th. 22-19, Nomads. The Traitors had one more shot to complete their undefeated season.

Four runs were needed to win, and four runs they got. Final score: Traitors 23, Nomads 22.

Congratulations to all the players on both teams for the most memorable game in our four-season history. And to everyone who played and came out to watch in support of Amman Softball League--and to Amman Little League Association--a big thank you from me.

Much more on the playoffs and the 2007 Summer season in the next two days months years [Seriously, WTF!?]. We're also going to tip our hats to Brent Faulkner and Dick Hart, who got this whole thing started back in 2005. Come on back. For now, give it up for your 2007 Summer Champs...The Traitors.

Here's a quick rundown of the Tournament results:
Round 1:
Slackers 13, Sluggos 11
Eagles 20, Bling Bling 6
Nomads 23, Beats 6
Traitors "1", Stars 0
Semis:
Traitors 13, Slackers 6
Nomads 17, Eagles 16 (thrilling game)
Final:
Traitors 23, Nomads 22 (7 Innings)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I do not even know where to begin. I guess I will start out at the top.

Mude Sartawi, thank you for all your efforts in making this league a successful one--I know we don't always tell you but we do appreciate what you do.

Nomads II-- nothing but RESPECT for you guys. I know we traded alot of trash talk and smack but you guys are a great team you have nothing to be ashamed of. Ya'll were my first team I ever played with here and even if we are on separate sides I am still with you. I think our respect was showed to you after the game. You guys played so banged up but you played with the heart of a champion.

Shuk--I regret ever helping you become a better hitter because you just killed me man. I wish I had half your ablity.

Sa'ad-- you have improved SO much as a hitter that you were good protection batting behind Shukri in the lineup.

Massarweh-- YOU ARE A WARRIOR BROTHER. Most people wouldn't of dreamed of playing with all your injuries.

Traitors-- you guys are incredible the way you battled back from adversity when all the chips were down and nothing would go our way.

Bob and Justin I can't say enough how you two guys spoke up and took control of the dugout when things looked like they were spiraling out of control--I appreciate you guys more than words can say.

Brooke--YOU are a gamer. Not many guys would go headfirst into a base let alone a woman. I saw you do it two weeks in a row.

Eyad--Ash challenged you in every at bat and you came up big. You hit the ball pretty hard almost every time up.

2Beers--I always thought you just wanted to have fun and enjoy yourself but yesterday I saw another side of you--you are competitive as all get out.

CT and JC--I put the left side of the infield in the hands of two 16 year old young men and you guys did a whale of a job...now concentrate on Baseball.

Dwaine--I sure am going to miss you man. You were solid out in the field and hit better than I ever seen you hit before.

Ron--You got us rollin with some big hits and your positive mental approach. I know you was hurting but you gave me all you had in the tank and that is all we could ask for.

Ilpo--You totally impressed me with the way you attack the softball. You had improved so much in the 4 weeks you was with us and you are starting to learn the game.

Virginia--I think I owe the credit to Gunz here but all I can say is you delivered the biggest hit in the history of the Amman Softball League.You improved tremendously!!

Ash--Not enough I can say about you buddy. You played everywhere I asked you to play and always done the job. I can't wait to play more games with you.

As I wrap up my long and boring post I would like to say that in my humbeled opinion there were Co-MVP's of ASL. My vote's go to Justin Hiester and Shukri Saleh.

Is it time for winter ball yet?????

Maher said...

Talking about the game : This was the best game every, both teams proved they are best of the best. it was really a FINAL GAME!

Nomads : You guys are amazing bunch of people. everyone of you should be proud of themselves, you gave The traitors hell..Hardluck guys, you'll get them next time! Congratz for Shukri for getting the MVP AWARD!

Traitors : WoW..Just Wow! you guys got fought until what you had worked for in the whole league! everyone thought the game was over after the nomads got that early lead! but you proved everyone wrong! Congratz for you guys! you deserve it!

talking about the league..this has been a nice experiance, it changed friday's from boring to so much fun. I have met amazing people through this league.

Mude : Thank you for everything you did to make this work. i am so sure that you are the main reason for this league to be this successfull! Thank you !

To all the people in the league, it has been a pleasure meeting you.

Anonymous said...

I want first to congratulate everyone who involved in 2007 ASL from organizer to officials and specially Mude who made a lot of efforts to make it a very successful season and a reach experience for me personally.
And for the Traitors, I think there will be something wrong if you not win the championship after the glorious softball you played along the season and specially the finals … so congratulation guys you are Fighters.
In the end I’d like to say to everyone who I had the chance to meet hem or her during the season that I have a new family the ASL and great home the Bling Bling with marvelous brothers and sisters so thank you guys

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words, Kevin. I think I blushed when I read your post. :) What a game! It's been a pleasure playing ball with you guys -- worthy opponents and teammates all! Cheers to all of you and here's looking forward to winter league!

Maha Swais said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maha Swais said...

Hi again!
Ok, so I lost where i originally posted and subsequently forgot to check up on it, but here i am again! So i realized that the softball season ended for the summer, and my question is, when does the next season start? I still would love to play on a team if possible. Can you email me with details or other information please at mahaswais@gmail.com? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Justin, with the Traitors, did you graduate from Madison (SA,TX)in '88?