Sunday, June 24, 2007

Umm…Somebody wanna go get that ball?

In his first game back with the Beats, Javier “Gunny” Diaz went Quadrangular. And it wasn’t one of those cheap, single-and-advance-to-home-on-errors home runs, either.

No, it was a Roy Hobbsian light-buster that forced ASL to tear away a bunch of old ladies from their sewing machines. They kindly laid out all of their tape measures end to end to give us a distance of 330 feet. That’s the longest in ASL history.

Ball Go Far

Eiad Zoubi, outfielder for the Traitors, didn’t even bother putting out his cigarette* to give chase.

Your footnote: Kevin “Orange Shoelius” Rowlson, victimized pitcher. At least his team won the game. Traitors 21, Beats 12.

* With Eiad as our inspiration, we proudly announce Argilahs in the Outfield Café. If you’d like some coffee, tea or ice-cold beverage to go with your smokes while playing the outfield, just give us a holler. And of course, argilahs come in a variety of flavors. Note: An argilah is a shishah, or hubbly bubbly, or (tobacco) hookah.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

330? I had to ice down my neck after that Joe Gargantuan shot. I will say 349?

Mude Sartawi said...

Pat retrieved the ball, so I'm going by his description of where he found it. We'll get the exact spot by Friday. I personally think that ball went to Amman Waves to check out some bikini-clad babes, and Pat just happened to run into it on its way back.

Anonymous said...

That Bomb you guys are referring to.... was courtesy of Shukri Saleh and the Nomads II..

Mude Sartawi said...

Anonymous posts get deleted. Please ID yourself so others know who to yell at.

Having said that, Mr. Massarweh, we'll launch an investigation to determine just how in the heck the Nomads got on the field during the Beats-Traitors game. ;)

Anonymous said...

Shukri needs to lift his skirt if he is gonna hit one like that.

The Big Ez said...

Can you really blame them for being anonymous? Week 1, the nomads barely beat a bunch of kids... week two they shamelessly ran up the score on a team that can barely throw the ball across the plate... This week they will play Bling Bling, a team that lost to the kids and the scoreless stars... With that schedule, i would want to remain anonymous as well...

Anonymous said...

Double Ouch!!!!

Mude Sartawi said...

July 27th at 9:00 AM: Nomads @ Traitors. Time to spearate the boys from the men who wear skirts.

But will it all come down to the difference between the women on the two teams? Ziggy and Schwa say YES.

The Big Ez said...

those nomads will be lost long before they meet us... I predict the lackers and sluggies will beat them... will be lucky if they are still a team come the 27th

zou3bi said...

i know it was bad that i had a smoke on the field and at that time I didn’t think much of it but I do now and I apologies to the team and league for my lack of professionalism so I hope we can move on and I promise it will not happen again and thank you mude for pointing that out sometimes a person dose not relies what he did wrong until he gets embarrassed from it and hopefully I will prove to everyone I am as much of a good professional as everyone else and try to set a good example to all the other players on how to be a good pro in the asl league so god bless and good bye

Mude Sartawi said...

Yo 23 (Zou3bi),

You're alright in my book. We only joke with the ones we know have a sense of humor and can handle it. It's all in fun. (Wait until you see my investigative report on myself. There will be some serious self-ridicule in that.)

I still think Argilahs in the Outfield Cafe' has a future. I am actively seeking investors.

zou3bi23 said...

i realy ment what i said but i loved what u said and hopefully ill be the 1st to order a cup of jo on the field i like it light and sweet i was the coz of this so that gives me 1st dibs right?

Anonymous said...

At least I dont hide behind a nickname as Lame as the Big EZ and Foo Foo. I will come outright and say it... The Nomads do their talking on the field. I will leave it at that.